Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving
Located in Haas Athletic Center, a moveable bulkhead allows for the eight-lane, 40-meter pool to be prepared for 25-yard or 25-meter competitions. The complex includes one- and three-meter diving springboards and a viewing balcony.
The natatorium, which opened in 1991, was named for Lloyd G. and Mildred Balfour, the founders of the Attleboro-originated Balfour Co., maker of class rings and long-time friends of the college. Balfour-Hood Campus Center is also named in their honor, and a large tract of woods adjoining the southern end of the campus was the gift of the Balfours. Synchronized swimming, which was established as a club in 1941, previously competed in a pool that existed in a space currently occupied by the Thomas A. Pappas Fitness Center.