Thomas A. Pappas Fitness Center
The fitness center is located in the Balfour-Hood Campus Center and provides such equipment as cardio machines, Nautilus circuit machines, plate-loaded machines, free weights and treadmills, as well as locker rooms. In addition to state-of-the-art strength, conditioning and aerobic fitness equipment, the facility includes four wall-mounted flat screen satellite TVs and 13-inch flat screen TVs in front of all five treadmills.
The facility is located in a space connected to the current Admissions Office, formerly a gymnasium upon its opening in 1903. The wing containing the fitness center opened in 1936 and housed a swimming pool, which was floored over upon the development of the Pappas Fitness Center in 1991. The fitness center re-opened in January 2006 after undergoing a total renovation, which included new flooring and equipment, after Wheaton was awarded a grant from the Thomas Anthony Pappas Charitable Foundation.
Looking for other fitness opportunities on campus? Check out some other programs being offered for Spring 2014 .
CONTEXTUALIZED ZUMBA w/ Julie
GROUP YOGA (CLICK HERE FOR FULL CLASS SCHEDULE w/
TAI CHI w/ Ed