Wheaton Sports Information
Shawn Medeiros, Sports Information Director
Phone: (508) 286-3768
Fax: (508) 286-8249
|Sport||Word Rosters||PDF Stats
|Baseball (.TRO | .TRX)||BB||BB||2/20/14|
|Men's Basketball (.BRO)||MBKB||MBKB
|Women's Basketball (.BRO)||WBKB
|Field Hockey (.SRO)||FH||FH||11/11/13|
|Men's Lacrosse (.CRO)||MLAX||MLAX||2/18/14|
|Women's Lacrosse (.CRO)||WLAX||WLAX||2/18/14|
|Men's Soccer (.SRO)||MSOC||MSOC||11/11/13|
|Women's Soccer (.SRO)||WSOC||WSOC||11/11/13|
|Softball (.TRO | .TRX)||SB||SB||2/20/14|
|Men's Tennis (.XTR)||MTEN||MTEN||12/4/13|
|Women's Tennis (.XTR)||WTEN||WTEN||1/6/14|
|Women's Volleyball (.VRO)||VB||VB||11/11/13|
- Operative: The Wheaton College sports information staff provides coverage and media services for all 21 of the institution's varsity athletics programs. In addition to being responsible for all media relations pertaining to student-athletes, coaches and staff, we operate the athletics website, compile statistics at home sporting events and disseminate press releases regarding individual events, student-athletes and teams. We are also responsible for all departmental promotional materials, historical program records and photography. The sports information department is located in Haas Athletic Center in Room 112, adjacent to the equipment room.
- Media Relations: Interviews with student-athletes, coaches and administrators may only be arranged through the sports information staff. Post-game interviews with student-athletes or coaches will be conducted either following a 10-minute post-game cooling off period or after a coach has released the team. If you have a specific student-athlete you would like to interview, please let the sports information staff know well before the end of the contest.
- Game Day Coverage and Press Passes: Any media member covering a game, match or other contest hosted by Wheaton is asked to reserve a press credential at least 24 hours prior to the event. While last-minute media is welcome, prior knowledge of your arrival is much appreciated.
- Game Programs, Game Notes and Media Information: Pre-game information may be obtained from the sports information staff when available. If notes, programs, etc., are not available, the sports information staff will assist members of the working media in any way possible to ensure accurate reporting.
- Technology: At some Wheaton athletics events, Internet access, a general phone line, fax machine and photocopier will be made available to members of the working media. When those amenities are unavailable on site, the sports information office or another office will be made available before, during and after events.
- Radio: Any visiting radio broadcasts must reserve their seating and phone lines at least two weeks in advance of the covered event. While late-comers are welcome, phone lines and seating cannot be guaranteed.
- Photographers: Photographers are asked to stay in the respective end zones for basketball. For all other sports, standard shooting spots may be utilized. Similar policies apply for credentials and seating reservations.