SCORE: #21 Wheaton 4 - Penn. St.-Altoona 0
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-0, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Penn. St.-Altoona (2-8)
LOCATION: Auburndale, Fla. (Lake Myrtle Main Field)
- Junior Tommy Larason got the start and the win for Wheaton, pitching seven complete, giving up just three hits to the 23 batters he faced. The righty struck out six, while failing to surrender a walk. Sophomore Zach Pipa and first-year John Mikosz also saw action.
- Junior Willy Boyd ended the day 2-for-2, which included his first triple of the season with a well placed ball to right field. The Lyon third baseman also walked twice.
- Nick Raposo was 1-for-2 with a run scored and a run batted in (RBI), as well as a walk. Jared Sharkey finished the game 1-for-3 with a walk and two RBI.
- Wheaton got on the board early, plating three runs in the first-inning, starting with an RBI double to left center from Sharkey, which scored Raposo and Bryant Salkind.
- The Lyons tacked on an insurance run in the second with Boyd coming in to score on a Raposo single.
- Larason faced no more than four batters in each inning he was on the mound, sitting the Lions in order in the first, fifth and sixth innings.
- Hits: Wheaton 6 / Penn. St.-Altoona 5
- Errors: Wheaton 1 / Penn. St.-Altoona 2
- RBIs: Wheaton 14 / Nichols 2
- Left on Base: Wheaton 9 / Penn. St.-Altoona 5
- Walks: Wheaton 5 / Penn. St.-Altoona 1
- Strikeouts: Wheaton 8 / Penn. St.-Altoona 9
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, March 10 at 3 p.m. against Washington University on Lake Myrtle Park Field #4.