SCORE: Wheaton 6 - Regis 0
RECORDS: Wheaton (1-1, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Regis (1-1, 0-0 NECC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Diane C. Nordin '80 Field)
- It took the Lyons less than seven minutes to get on the board, as Kelsey Buckley struck for her first goal of the season off of a Katie Peters drive from outside the circle.
- Ten minutes later, Elizabeth Helmreich picked up her first goal as well after collecting a rebound from her own shot and slipping it past the Regis keeper, Maresa Malcolm.
- Buckley converted a Peters ball once again at 50:29, lifting the Wheaton lead to 3-0.
- Michelle Connolly was in front of the net to add a fourth Lyons goal to the total as she collected a rocket from the right of the circle past a diving Malcolm at 54:59.
- First year forward Hannah LeClair topped the Wheaton offense off with a pair of goals. The first year forward used rebound off of Malcolm's pads in a scramble in front of the net, before ending the evening with another unassisted goal in the 67th minute.
- Riley Thompson earned the win for Wheaton, making four saves in the first 35 minutes of the contest. Morgan Karnes appeared in the second half and remained unchallenged in 35 minutes of work.
- Malcolm recorded nine stops in the loss for the Pride.
- Shots: Wheaton 18 - Regis 5
- Penalty Corners: Wheaton 15 - Regis 0
- Saves: Wheaton 4 - Regis 9
UP NEXT: Wheaton is slated to host Union College on Saturday, September 9 at 12:00 p.m. at Diane C. Nordin '80 Field.