SCORE: Wheaton 2 – Simmons 3
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-3, 0-1 NEWMAC) - Simmons (5-2)
LOCATION: Boston, Mass. (Daly Field)
- Simmons jumped out to a 2-0 lead after scoring in the ninth and 14th minutes.
- Senior Kelsey Buckley pulled the Lyons within a goal in the 19th minute, after one of her shots rebounded back to her at the goal line. The goal is Buckley's seventh of the year.
- Wheaton tied the game in the 25th minute on a Michelle Connolly goal. Connolly, who netted her third of the season, collected a cross from Katie Peters, and hit a one-timer into net.
- Simmons recaptured the lead with what would prove to be the game-winning goal in the 34th minute.
- Senior Riley Thompson collected the loss for the Lyons after making nine saves in 70 minutes of work.
- Shots: Wheaton 9 – Simmons 15
- Penalty Corners: Wheaton 5 – Simmons 5
- Saves: Wheaton 9 – Simmons 6
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, Sept. 23 at Clark University for a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) match-up at 11 a.m.