Sep 26, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 7 - Johnson and Wales (Providence) 2
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-4, 0-2 NEWMAC) - JWU (2-5, 1-2 GNAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Diane C. Nordin '80 Field)
- Wheaton scored the first five goals of the game to enter the second period up 5-0.
- Michelle Connolly sparked the offense in the sixth minute after firing in a ball from Katie Peters on the left side of the circle.
- Peters notched her first goal of the evening during a penalty corner at 25:03, after shooting directly off the insert from Hailey Kohler.
- Hannah Arkin tallied her first goal of the season just 2.5 minutes later when she found herself on a fast break all alone with the keeper.
- In the 30th minute, Claire Nolan's pad got a piece of an Arkin shot and the ball was dumped in by Emma Peterson for a 4-0 lead.
- Peters finished up the first half scoring, putting in a rebound from her own shot in the final minute.
- The Wildcats came out hot to start the second period, putting a goal on the board in the 37th minute for a 5-1 score. Adriana Scala floated the ball up over the circle and goalkeeper after collecting the insert from Gabriella Catania.
- Peters fought back ten minutes later though, driving a rocket from the top of the circle.
- Kelsey Buckley recorded her eighth goal of the season, the Lyons' final goal of the evening, thanks to a slip from Jordan Brazis-Eberle with 15:29 remaining.
- Riley Thompson picked up the win for Wheaton, improving to 3-4 overall and making three saves in the first half. Morgan Karnes appeared for the entire second half, stopping one JWU shot.
- Nolan made six saves for the Wildcats and now stands at 2-5 on the season.
- Shots: Wheaton 20 - JWU 9
- Penalty Corners: Wheaton 9 - JWU 3
- Saves: Wheaton 4 - JWU 7