SCORE: Wheaton 79 - Clark University 73
RECORDS: Wheaton (9-2) - Clark University (3-9)
LOCATION: Worcester, Mass. (Kneller Athletic Center)
- Senior Ryan Fogarty led all in scoring with 22 points and two assists while going 8-11 from the floor and grabbing 11 rebounds. This is Fogarty's first double-double of the 2017-2018 season.
- The Lyons found help from their seniors, Riley Tetreault and Liam Bruno. Tetreault scored a season-high 16 points and grabbed eight rebounds, while Bruno went 5-11 in the paint and picked up 2 rebounds.
- Junior Duaka Ekwensi also contributed to the Lyons offense by scoring 13 points and shooting 3-4 from the line.
- The Cougars were led by Luca McCormick and Tyler Davern. McCormick led his team in scoring with 20 points and seven rebounds while Davern went 8-11 from the floor, scoring 16 points and grabbing six rebounds.
- Wheaton and Clark went back and forth in the first half with the Lyons ending ahead at 40-33.
- Clark came out determined in the second half as they outscored the Lyons 40-39, but it wouldn't be enough to get the win. With under a minute left on the clock, the Lyons rallied with a 5-0 run allowing Duaka to seal the deal with two free-throws and for the Lyons to take the game 79-73.
- Wheaton forced 14 turnovers and converted those errors into 15 points, while Clark forced 10 turnovers and converted 14 points off of them.
- The Lyons shot 51.6% from the floor while Clark shot 44.3%.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 32-62 / Clark 27-61
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 4-17 / Clark 10-28
- Free Throw: Wheaton 11-16 / Clark 9-12
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 15 / Clark 14
- Rebounds: Wheaton 36/ Clark 32
- Assists: Wheaton 14 / Clark 16
UP NEXT: Men's basketball is on the road again as they travel on Saturday, Jan. 6 for a 1:00 p.m. tip-off at Springfield College.