SCORE: Wheaton 75 - Springfield 98
RECORDS: Wheaton (9-3) (1-1) - Springfield (7-6) (1-1)
LOCATION: Springfield, Mass.
- Senior Ryan Fogarty led the Lyons in scoring with 22 points, grabbing three rebounds and going 6-7 from the line, while Liam Bruno scored 20 points and went 7-9 from the floor while shooting 80.0% from three.
- The Lyons found some help from the bench with Alex DuBrow scoring nine points and Nick Geremia contributing six.
- Springfield sophomore Jake Ross led all in scoring with a career-high 35 points. Ross also picked up 10 rebounds and 6 assists to complete his double-double.
- Both sides were determined in the first half going back in forth with points until Springfield held the Lyons scoreless for a four-minute stretch finishing off the half 49-31.
- Wheaton came to battle in the second half but unfortunately fell short as Springfield outscored them 49-44, ending the game at 98-75.
- The Lyons shot 69.6% from the line while The Pride shot 76.9%.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 26-57 / Springfield 38-73
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 7-14 / Springfield 12-29
- Free Throw: Wheaton 16-23 / Springfield 10-13
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 6 / Springfield 18
- Rebounds: Wheaton 30/ Springfield 42
- Assists: Wheaton 10 / Springfield 18
UP NEXT: Men's basketball will return back home to Emerson Gymnasium on Wednesday, Jan. 10, as they take on WPI at 6:00 p.m.