SCORE: Wheaton 76 - Springfield 70
RECORDS: Wheaton (12-9, 5-6 NEWMAC) - Springfield (15-7,9-2 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Emerson Gymnasium)
- Liam Bruno led the Lyons in scoring with 19 points and four rebounds while Riley Tetreault put up 16 points, shooting perfect from the line at 4-4 and grabbing nine boards. With this performance, Tetreault ties his career high in both points and in rebounds.
- Ryan Fogarty provided 15 points to the win, grabbing 8 rebounds and contributing 5 assists.
- Tetreault started off the game by putting the Lyons ahead with a three-pointer. The rest of the half would be a battle as both teams went back and forth, breaking even at 13-13 at 13:09. The half would end with a Springfield three-pointer putting them within one point of Wheaton at 36-35.
- The second half was just as intense as the first with the game coming down to the wire. With just 14.2 seconds left, Alex DuBrow was able to draw a foul and convert his two free-throws making it 74-70. Springfield then drove down the court but fell short on a three-pointer as DuBrow was able to pick up the rebound and then get fouled again. He converted his two free throws, finalizing the game at 76-70.
- Wheaton scored 31 points in the paint while Springfield scored 18 points.
- The Lyons shot 86.7% from the line, shooting 13-15.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 27-59 / Springfield 23-59
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 9-22 / Springfield 12-30
- Free Throw: Wheaton 13-15 / Springfield 12-16
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 7 / Springfield 7
- Rebounds: Wheaton 39 / Springfield 33
- Assists: Wheaton 15 / Springfield 12
UP NEXT: Men's basketball is back on the road on Saturday, Feb. 10, as they take on the Beavers of Babson at 1:00 p.m.