Feb 10, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 76 - Babson 69
RECORDS: Wheaton (14-9, 6-6 NEWMAC) - Babson (14-9, 9-3 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Babson Park, Mass. (Staake Gymnasium)
- Senior Liam Bruno led all in scoring with 25 points, grabbing four rebounds and knocking down five three-pointers while Ryan Fogarty contributed 19 points shooting 6-6 from the line, grabbing nine boards.
- Graham Lynch provided six points from the bench shooting perfect on the night at 2-2 from both the floor and from behind the arc.
- Babson was led by Nick Comenale who scored 23 points shooting 5-7 from three, picking up five rebounds and dishing out 5 assists while Bradley Jacks contributed 14 points.
- Babson was able to get on the board first with a layup, but Wheaton responded seconds later with a jumper from Bruno. The Beavers held the lead the majority of the half until Lynch was able to drain a three-pointer with 1:51 left, making it 34-34. The Lyons were able to capitalize on the momentum with a couple of free throws from Duaka Ekwensi and a final layup from Fogarty, ending the half ahead 38-34.
- The second half was back and forth with the Lyons gaining a slight lead at 67-62 with 5:06 left. Babson was able to fight back, tying the game at 69-69 with 2:08 left but the Lyons were able to regain the lead and hold onto it until time ran out.
- With this win, Wheaton sweeps last year's national champions in the regular season (2-0) and breaks their five-game win-streak.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 25-56 / Babson 25-56
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 11-21 / Babson 8-22
- Free Throw: Wheaton 15-17 / Babson 9-13
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 9 / Babson 18
- Rebounds: Wheaton 31 / Babson 29
- Assists: Wheaton 14 / Babson 15