Sep 09, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 2 - Keene State 3
RECORDS: Wheaton (1-2-1, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Keene State (1-0-2, 0-0 Little East)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Keefe Field) 51:41
- The first ten minutes of the game were a back-and-forth affair with multiple shots traded between the teams, but it was Promise Kpee who broke through to put the Owls on the board first without any help.
- Another unassisted goal for Keene State, this time from Brandon Castor, would lift the Owls lead to two in the 26th minute.
- Just about a minute later however, the Lyons would scratch the surface and close the gap, 2-1, after Chris Brubaker sent a through pass from the left to connect with Shawn McCall. McCall's goal is his third of the season.
- Wheaton took seven shots and two corner kicks to Keene State's zero over the next 25 minutes, but it wouldn't be enough as Aidan Dean added a third goal for the visitors (assist credited to Conor Leahy) in the 63rd minute.
- Brubaker found the back of the net at 67:24, burying the ball into the left corner after controlling a long cross from Louis Chavez. The Lyons found themselves within one again, but both teams would remain scoreless for a final score of 3-2.
- Jason Smith picked up his first win after stopping four for the Owls.
- Senior keeper Erik Wisniewski recorded three saves but slips to 1-2 on the season.
- Shots: Wheaton 16 - Keene State 15
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 3 - Keene State 4
- Saves: Wheaton 3 - Keene State 4