Sep 13, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 3 - New England College 2
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-2-1, 0-0 NEWMAC) - New England College (1-2-1, 0-0 NAC)
LOCATION: Henniker, N.H. (Don Melander Field)
- The Lyons found themselves trailing by 1 after Panagiotis Galatis (Kyle Clements) found the back of the net from 40 yards out after almost 18 minutes had elapsed.
- That was short-lived, however, as senior Amara Sesay leveled the score three minutes later thanks to a Curran Wait assist from the right side of the field.
- Wheaton struck again to gain the lead at 2-1 when Louis Chavez scored with one touch after collecting a ball from Sesay in the 52nd minute.
- NEC used three minutes themselves to tie things up once again, as Sina Samali took a corner kick that resulted in a Michael Skarbelis goal at 54:49.
- After 24 minutes of back-and-forth shots, Sesay netted the game-winner. Chris Brubaker came in with a pass from the right corner to Sesay on the left post and Sesay buried it into the bottom left.
- Senior Erik Wisniewski recorded nine saves to earn the win and improve to 2-2.
- Tenzin Khenrab was able to turn the Lyons away 7 times, but takes the loss to slip to 0-1-1.
- Shots: Wheaton 17 - New England College 21
- Corner Kicks: Wheaton 8 - New England College 8
- Saves: Wheaton 9 - New England College 7