Feit, White, Terrace and Sharon double winners for Lyons
NEW LONDON, N.H. – The Wheaton College men's tennis team pushed its winning streak to three-straight matches with a 7-2 triumph over Colby-Sawyer in non-conference action on Sunday afternoon at Kelsey Courts.
Freshmen Jonah Feit (Los Angeles, Calif./Milken Community) and Will White (Nantucket, Mass./Cape Cod Academy) and juniors Ned Terrace (Chappaqua, N.Y./Horace Greeley) and Dan Sharon (Santa Monica, Calif./Brentwood School) were all double winners for the Lyons.
In doubles play, Feit and White teamed up for an 8-4 victory at No.1 over Colby-Sawyer senior Reeve Fidler (Groton, Mass./Groton-Dunstable Regional) and sophomore Nathan Taschereau (Goffstown, N.H./Goffstown). Terrace and Sharon downed the sophomore duo of Justin Pinard (Essex, Vt./Essex) and Sergio Spassof (Pallini, Greece/ACS Athens) by an 8-1 score at No.2.
Feit defeated Taschereau, 6-0, 6-1 at No.1 singles while White turned away Pinard at No.2 with a 6-2, 6-3 set score. Sharon was victorious at No.3 singles over sophomore Clay Allen (Massena, N.Y./New Hampton Prep), 6-3, 7-5 and Terrace earned a 6-1, 6-0 victory at No.6 against senior Paul Holland (England, UK/Therfield).
Wheaton junior Sam Jackson (Darien, Conn./Darien) rounded out the Lyons winners at singles play with a 6-3,6-1 triumph versus Fidler.
Wheaton (10-5) wraps up its regular season schedule against Nichols College on Thursday, April 25 at 4 p.m. Colby-Sawyer (11-7) awaits its opponent in the North Atlantic Conference (NAC) Championships on Saturday, April 27 at 10 a.m.
Wheaton 7, Colby-Sawyer 2
1. Jonah Feit (WHE) def. Nathan Taschereau (CSC) 6-0, 6-1
2. Will White (WHE) def. Justin Pinard (CSC) 6-2, 6-3
3. Dan Sharon (WHE) def. Clay Allen (CSC) 6-3, 7-5
4. Sergio Spassof (CSC) def. David Gassen (WHE) 6-3, 6-3
5. Sam Jackson (WHE) def. Reeve Fidler (CSC) 6-3, 6-1
6. Ned Terrace (WHE) def. Paul Holland (CSC) 6-1, 6-0
1. Jonah Feit/Will White (WHE) def. Reeve Fidler/Nathan Taschereau (CSC) 8-4
2. Ned Terrace/Dan Sharon (WHE) def. Justin Pinard/Sergio Spassof (CSC) 8-1
3. Clay Allen/Paul Holland (CSC) def. Dennis Scarpa/David Gassen (WHE) 8-5