Feb 25, 2018
LOCATION: Boston, Mass.
- The Lyons received all-around performances by Lizzy Akindolie and Raevyn Fontaine who led the way for the women, with both athletes finishing eighth in their respective events.
- Akindolie set a new personal best in the triple jump with a distance of 11.57. The jump moved her 33 spots up the NCAA Division III performance list, ranking her 18th in the country.
- Fontaine ran a 9.03 in the 60m hurdle preliminaries, which is her second fastest time in the event, just .01 off of her personal best. Fontaine also competed in the 200m, where she finished in 25.96.
- Briana Gausland ran a season best (7.97) in the 60m dash, which was good enough for 10th place and to be the first DIII athlete to cross the finish line. The sophomore also competed in the 200m with Fontaine, finishing in 26.14.
- Also competing in the 200m were Chellsie Pearson (26.48), Sara Spear (26.97), and Ellen Shaw (27.24), who all set personal bests in the event.
- Abby Epplett ran a personal best in the 400m, positing a time of 59.10.
- For the men, John Billings tied his personal best in teh 400m with a time of 50.40.
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, March 3 at the Tufts Last Chance Qualifier.