Dec 02, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 105 - Pine Manor 83
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-2) - Pine Manor (3-4)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Emerson Gymnasium)
- Wheaton broke the program record for points in a game (team) with their 105-83 win over Pine Manor this afternoon at Emerson Gymnasium.
- Natalie Wind led the charge for the Lyons, tallying 20 points and 5 rebounds.
- Senior Rebecca Olivieri came off the bench to help out with 18 points, while classmate Emily Cuthbertson notched 14 points, 5 boards and 4 assists. Sophomore Chelsea Rairdon had a solid game as well, as she was able to record 13 points and 5 rebounds.
- Ruthie Zientek and Mikayla Pucci each collected a game-high 6 rebounds.
- Erica Jones led all players on the floor with her 21 points and 6 assists. Kayleigh Merrell and Shaquanda Middleton put up 18 and 17 points for the Gators, respectively.
- Pine Manor started the game off on the right foot, gaining a 6-2 lead in the opening minutes. However, a Rairdon layup would give the Lyons the lead they would hold on to for the remainder of the contest. Wheaton closed out the first quarter up by a narrow three points at 31-28.
- The Gators clung on in the second quarter as well, only outscored by a 22-17 margin. PMC trailed 53-45 at the half.
- Four Wheaton trifectas in a 1:22 minute span helped the hosts grab a 79-61 lead at the close of the third quarter. The Gators did claw back to make a dent in the deficit, but Wheaton kept the steam rolling full speed and put the game away with a 22-13 fourth quarter.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 35-68 / Pine Manor 28-66
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 13-32 / Pine Manor 9-27
- Free Throw: Wheaton 22-25 / Pine Manor 18-29
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 27 / Pine Manor 15
- Field Goal %: Wheaton 51.5% / Pine Manor 42.4%
- 3-Point %: Wheaton 40.6% / Pine Manor 33.3%
- Rebounds: Wheaton 48 / Pine Manor 31