SCORE: Wheaton 13 - Westfield State 15
RECORDS: Wheaton (1-3, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Westfield State (4-0)
LOCATION: Englewood, Fla.
- Junior Maddy Lahm scored a team-high three goals while Maggie Dymes, Katie Peters, Molly Covarrubias, and Kyra Schwartzman each contributed two.
- Westfield State was led by Sydney Lambert who scored a hattrick while Alexa Tonelli and Sam Donohoe each provided two goals for the Owls.
- Westfield State opened the game up with a 5-0 run in the first 10 minutes but the Lyons were able to shorten the lead near the end of the half making it 8-5.
- Wheaton opened up the second half with a pair of goals from Lahm making it 8-7, but the Owls quickly responded with a goal and were able to hold onto their lead for the rest of the game. Wheaton pressed the envelope in the remaining minutes of the game, scoring four goals in just three minutes, but fell short at 15-13.
- First Year Jena Casman recorded nine saves in the loss.
- Wheaton held a 40-34 advantage in shots and also had the advantage in ground balls, 19-15.
- The Lyons only had 12 turnovers compared to Westfield State's 26.
- Saves: Wheaton 11 / Westfield State 18
- Ground Balls: Wheaton 19 / Westfield State 15
- Clears: Wheaton 20-25 / Westfield State 17-26
- Draw Controls: Wheaton 10 / Westfield State 20
- Free Position Shots: 4-11 / Westfield State 3-6
- Shots: Wheaton 40 / Westfield State 34
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Wednesday, March 14 at 7:30 p.m. where they will face off against RIT in Bradenton, Florida.