Cooke, Marlowe, Gorham and Moore all double winners for Lyons
NORTON, Mass. – The Wheaton College women's tennis team earned a 7-2 victory over Oneonta State in non-conference action on Friday evening at the Clark Tennis Courts.
Junior Lyndsay Cooke (Bakersfield, Calif./Bakersfield Christian), sophomore Alexandra Marlowe (Mesa, Ariz./Mountain View), freshman Izzy Gorham (Durham, N.H./Oyster River) and junior Jessica Moore (Middletown, R.I./The Prout School) were all double winners for Wheaton.
Cooke posted a 6-2, 6-1 triumph over Oneonta State senior Danielle Browarski (Colonie, N.Y./Colonie) at No.1 singles while Marlowe defeated sophomore Brynn Sussman (Highland Mills, N.Y./Monroe-Woodbury) in straight-sets at No.2 singles. Cooke and Marlowe also teamed up against Browarski and Sussman at No.1 doubles and posted an 8-5 victory over the Red Dragons duo.
At No.3 doubles, Gorham and Moore ousted junior Abigail Smith (Seneca Falls, N.Y./Mynderse Academy) and freshman Michelle Spencer (Homer, N.Y./Homer) 8-3. Moore won her No.5 singles match over Spencer, 6-3, 6-0, while Gorham beat Smith at No.6 singles, 6-1, 6-3.
Wheaton senior Jesse Boggis (Hopkinton, Mass./Hopkinton) rounded out the list of winners for the Lyons with a 6-0, 6-1 triumph at No.3 singles against junior Emily Maggiore (Binghamton, N.Y./Binghamton).
Wheaton (10-6, 4-3 NEWMAC) hosts Endicott College on Tuesday, April 16 for a non-conference matchup at 4:00 p.m. Oneonta State (9-9) takes on Hunter College this Saturday at noon.
Wheaton 7, Oneonta State 2
1. Lyndsay Cooke (WHE) def. Danielle Browarski (ONEWT) 6-2, 6-1
2. Alexandra Marlowe (WHE) def. Brynn Sussman (ONEWT) 6-0, 6-0
3. Jesse Boggis (WHE) def. Emily Maggiore (ONEWT) 6-0, 6-1
4. Colette Lankowicz (ONEWT) def. Kathryn Burleson (WHE) 6-3, 6-4
5. Jessica Moore (WHE) def. Michelle Spencer (ONEWT) 6-3, 6-0
6. Izzy Gorham (WHE) def. Abigail Smith (ONEWT) 6-1, 6-3
1. Alexandra Marlowe/Lyndsay Cooke (WHE) def. Danielle Browarski/Brynn Sussman (ONEWT) 8-5
2. Colette Lankowicz/Emily Maggiore (ONEWT) def. Caroline DiNicola/Kathryn Burleson (WHE) 8-3
3. Izzy Gorham/Jessica Moore (WHE) def. Abigail Smith/Michelle Spencer (ONEWT) 8-1