Eligibility for Nomination and Selection
1. All nominees to the Athletics HOF must have maintained a record of good standing in their communities and their chosen fields of endeavor. Moral character and good citizenship during their undergraduate years will also be taken into consideration. The record of the nominee must be such that there are no questions of qualifying for the Athletics HOF.
2. Former varsity athletes may be nominated only if they have participated in two (2) full seasons of varsity athletics at Wheaton.
3. Any alumna/us whose class graduated at least ten years prior is eligible for nomination to the HOF. The nomination of someone who attended Wheaton but did not graduate may be accepted only upon approval of a majority of all members of the Selection Committee.
4. Nominations may also include Wheaton alumnae/i who have made outstanding contributions or offered extraordinary service to athletics at Wheaton during their undergraduate years. (This includes all Wheaton graduates except as defined in Article II: 2.) The Selection Committee may also consider alumnae/i who did not participate in varsity athletics at Wheaton, or who had a limited varsity career, but who later achieved great success in athletics as a coach or player at the professional or international levels, as a coach at another institution, or as an administrator at the NCAA, professional or international levels. The Selection Committee may also consider candidates who have participated in varsity athletics at Wheaton and who have gone on to demonstrate the values imparted by intercollegiate athletics in their lives by exhibiting leadership in the areas of alumnae/i or civic service, or career success.
5. Nominations may also include teams, coaches, trainers, and others who have offered similarly outstanding service and lasting contributions. Current staff members are eligible for nomination; all nominees in this category must have worked at the college for a minimum of five (5) years.
6. The nominee should be willing to be present, if physically possible, for induction at the scheduled HOF ceremony.