SCORE: Wheaton 5 - SUNY Oswego 9
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-4, 0-0 NEWMAC) - SUNY Oswego (5-4)
LOCATION: Auburndale, Fla. (Lake Myrtle Field #4)
- Wheaton junior Tommy Larason got the start and loss for the Lyons after pitching six complete, giving up six runs on six hits, while striking out seven strikeouts and three walks.
- Joe Bongiovanni closed out the contest, surrendering three runs on four hits, while striking out one.
- After falling behind 2-0 after the first, Wheaton earned one run back in the top of the third with Jimmy Gianquitti coming around to score on a wild pitch.
- Wheaton kept it a one run game in the fourth with a double down the left field line from Ryan McKeon allowed Matt Cook to score from first, cutting the SUNY Oswego lead to 3-2.
- The Lyons took their first lead of the game in the fifth, plating three runs on two hits and a Laker error. Sophomore Nick Raposo started the scoring with his second homerun of the year, drilling the ball over the fence in left center. Chris Ruocco completed the scoring with a two-RBI single to left field that scored Conor Gammond and Bryant Salkind.
- SUNY Oswego countered with their own three run fifth, making it a 6-5 contest. The Lakers added two more runs in the seventh, before adding their final run in the eighth.
- Hits: Wheaton 8 / SUNY Oswego 10
- Errors: Wheaton 2 / SUNY Oswego 1
- RBIs: Wheaton 4 / SUNY Oswego 8
- Left on Base: Wheaton 10 / SUNY Oswego 5
- Walks: Wheaton 8 / SUNY Oswego 3
- Strikeouts: Wheaton 13 / SUNY Oswego 8
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Wednesday, March 14 at 9:45 a.m. against SUNY Oswego on Lake Myrtle Field #4.