SCORE: Wheaton 5 - Webster 12
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-6, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Webster (9-2)
LOCATION: Auburndale, Fla. (Lake Myrtle Field #5)
- First-year Patrick Arter got the start for the Lyons, finishing three innings, giving up seven runs on eight hits, while striking out four and walking two. Joe Bongiovanni came in to pitch in the fourth inning for the Lyons, while Andrew Iannuci and John Mikosz closed out the game.
- Bryant Salkind finished 3-for-4 from the plate with two-RBI and a run scored, while Trevor Marques finished 1-for-3 with two RBI for the Lyons.
- After sitting the Gorloks down in order to start the game, Wheaton got on the board in the bottom of the first with an RBI single to right by Salkind that knocked in Nick Raposo.
- Webster earned the run and more back in the top of the second, plating six runs on five hits and three Wheaton errors.
- The Gorloks tacked on another run in the top of the third, before Wheaton was able to cut the deficit to 7-4. Willy Boyd knocked in the first run of the inning for Wheaton, picking up Ryan McKeon with a single through the left side. Salkind collected his second RBI with a single up the middle later in the inning that sent Jimmy Gianquitti home. Boyd crossed home later in the inning for Wheaton's final run on a single up the middle from Marques.
- The Lyons made it a 7-5 game in the fourth with a sacrifice fly to center by Marques that gave Salkind time to score from third.
- Webster took a double-digit lead in the sixth with five runs coming around on five hits and a Lyon error.
- Hits: Wheaton 10 / Webster 14
- Errors: Wheaton 5 / Webster 1
- RBIs: Wheaton 7 / Webster 5
- Left on Base: Wheaton 8 / Webster 8
- Walks: Wheaton 2 / Webster 3
- Strikeouts: Wheaton 10 / Webster 10
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Saturday, March 17 for two seven inning contests on Lake Myrtle Main Field against Farmindale State. The first game is set for 1 p.m.