Apr 08, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 7 - Babson 8
RECORDS: Wheaton (10-12, 5-4 NEWMAC) - Babson (16-7, 7-2 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Sidell Stadium)
- Nick Raposo ended the day 3-for-3, while Conor Gammond went 2-for-3 with a walk.
- Trevor Marques got his first start on the mound this season, pitching four complete, giving up just two hits, while walking one and striking out four. Tommy Larason came in to pitch three innings, giving up three runs on four hits, before Zach Pipa, John Mikosz and Joe Bongiovanni, who collected the loss, came in.
- Wheaton took a 2-0 lead in the top of the first courtesy of a two-RBI single up the middle from Gammond that scored Raposo and Chris Ruocco. Ruocco reached on a one out walk, which was followed by a single to left from Raposo.
- Ryan McKeon scored the Lyons third run of the day, coming around on a bases loaded fielder's choice from Ruocco. Raposo knocked in Josh Trybuch moments later with a sacrifice fly to center.
- The Lyons kept the runs coming in the fifth, plating two more, starting with a double to left center from McKeon that scored Jared Sharkey, who started off the inning reaching on an error by the Beavers third baseman. Babson helped the Lyons score their final run of the inning with Gammond scoring on a wild pitch.
- Wheaton extended its lead to 7-0 in the top of the sixth with Sharkey knocking in Raposo on a single to center.
- Babson was able to earn three runs back in the bottom of the sixth with David Lennon, Mark Webber and Ryan Arena all coming around to score.
- Trailing 7-3, the Beavers mounted a comeback, starting with a two-run homerun to right field from Nicholas Browne. The Lyons walked one batter, before getting one out and then subsequently walking another, allowing for a three-run walk-off homerun run to right center from Arena.
- Hits: Wheaton 9 / Babson 9
- Errors: Wheaton 2 / Babson 1
- RBIs: Wheaton 6 / Babson 8
- Left on Base: Wheaton 10 / Babson 6
- Walks: Wheaton 24 / Babson 4
- Strikeouts: Wheaton 8 / Babson 6