Apr 13, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 3 - Emerson 1
RECORDS: Wheaton (13-12, 7-4 NEWMAC) - Emerson (6-16, 1-9 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Sidell Stadium)
- Dan Southerland got the start and the win for the Lyons, pitching seven complete innings while giving up seven hits to the 27 batters he faced. Jimmy Gowen came in for relief in the eighth, giving up just one hit, while Patrick Arter came in in ninth and recorded a save while striking out one.
- Neil Perry and Joey Jacobs each recorded two hits for Emerson.
- Conor Gammond opened the game up in the bottom of the fourth grounding out to the pitcher but picking up an RBI in the process as Jared Sharkey scored.
- In the seventh inning, Emerson was able to get on the board due to an error, putting the game at 1-1. The Lyons responded, as Nick Raposo doubled to center field, allowing Brody Ashley to cross home.
- Sophomore Bryant Salkind followed up with an RBI to make the scoreline 3-1.
- Hits: Wheaton 9 / Emerson 2
- Errors: Wheaton 2 / Emerson 0
- RBIs: Wheaton 3 / Emerson 0
- Left on Base: Wheaton 10 / Emerson 6
- Walks: Wheaton 4 / Emerson 1
- Strikeouts: Wheaton 5 / Emerson 9