Apr 22, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 2 - Amherst 16
RECORDS: Wheaton (19-13, 13-4 NEWMAC) - Amherst (17-8)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Sidell Stadium)
- Brady Furdon got the start for the Lyons, going 6.2 innings with four strikeouts and one walk, giving up six runs. Jimmy Gowen, Andrew Iannucci, and Joe Bongiovanni came in to close out the game, combining for 10 runs.
- Wheaton received a 1-for-2 performance with two walks from Trevor Marques, while John Mikosz came in to pinch hit, earning his first career hit.
- Both teams plated a run in the third inning with Matt Cook coming around to score on a wild pitch. Cook led off the inning with a walk before moving to second on a stolen base and moving to third on a throwing error by the Mammoths.
- Amherst took a 3-1 lead in the top of the fourth, but the Lyons were able to earn a run back in the home half of the inning with Marques coming in to score on a wild pitch.
- The Mammoths tacked on three runs in the fifth to take a 6-2 lead, before blowing the game wide open in the eighth inning, scoring nine runs on, before adding a single run in the top of the ninth.
- Hits: Wheaton 5 / Amherst 19
- Errors: Wheaton 9 / Amherst 2
- RBIs: Wheaton 0 / Amherst 14
- Left on Base: Wheaton 7 / Amherst 14
- Walks: Wheaton 8 / Amherst 4
- Strikeouts: Wheaton 7 / Amherst 6