Posted: Apr 24, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 8 - Wesleyan 0
RECORDS: Wheaton (20-13) - Wesleyan (17-11)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Sidell Stadium)
- Wheaton's Tommy Larason got the start for the Lyons, pitching four complete innings, giving up just three hits, while striking out three. Senior Jimmy Gowen got the win after throwing three scoreless innings, where he struck out two and walked none. John Mikosz, Joe Bongiovanni, and Zach Pipa also saw action.
- The Lyons received 3-for-4 performances from Nick Raposo and Bryant Salkind with Raposo picking up two RBI with a two-run home run over the fence in left.
- The Lyons plated the first run of the game in the bottom of the third with an RBI single to center from Salkind that knocked in Chris Ruocco, who led off the inning with a single to left.
- Two more runs crossed in the fourth with an RBI single from Ruocco and RBI double to left from sophomore Trevor Marques. The Ruocco single brought in Willy Boyd who started the inning with a walk. Marques' double picked up Ruocco.
- Salkind, who started the fifth with a single to right, came around to score the Lyons only run of the inning on a successfully turned double-play that allowed him to make his way home.
- Boyd brought in two runs in the seventh with a triple down the right field line that made its way to the corner, scoring Ryan McKeon and Salkind.
- Raposo ended the scoring in the eighth with his team-leading third home run of the season that also brought in Matt Cook.
- Hits: Wheaton 16 / Wesleyan 5
- Errors: Wheaton 2 / Wesleyan 0
- RBIs: Wheaton 7 / Wesleyan 0
- Left on Base: Wheaton 9 / Wesleyan 11
- Walks: Wheaton 1 / Wesleyan 7
- Strikeouts: Wheaton 4 / Wesleyan 7