Apr 26, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 4 - Southern Maine 6
RECORDS: Wheaton (20-14) - Southern Me. (22-8)
LOCATION: Gorham, Maine (Ed Flaherty Field)
- Sophomore Nick Raposo ended the day 3-for-4, while junior Jimmy Gianquitti went 2-for-3 with an RBI and run scored.
- Dan Southerland got the start, finishing five complete, giving up three runs on six hits, while striking out six. Brady Furdon came in to pitch 1.2 innings, collecting the loss after giving up three additional runs in the bottom of the seventh, while Zach Pipa closed out the game.
- Southern Maine took the lead in the bottom of the second with the first run coming across on a Wheaton error, while the final two were plated on an RBI single through the right side and sacrifice fly to right.
- Wheaton cut the deficit to one run in the fifth with Gianquitti plating the first run on a sacrifice fly to left that allowed Willy Boyd to tag up and make his way home. A double to left center from senior Chris Ruocco brought in Matt Cook, who reached earlier in the inning on a bunt single.
- The Lyons tied the game in the top of the seventh with an RBI single to left from Ruocco that scored Gianquitti. Jared Sharkey handed Wheaton the lead a few moments later with an RBI groundout that knocked in Ruocco.
- Trailing 4-3, the Huskies responed in the home half of the inning, tying the game with a solo home run to left field from Sam Troiano. Southern Me. brought in what would prove to be the game winning runs moments later with an RBI double to right center that brought in two runs.
- Hits: Wheaton 11 / Southern Me. 11
- Errors: Wheaton 4 / Southern Me. 3
- RBIs: Wheaton 4 / Southern Me. 4
- Left on Base: Wheaton 10 / Southern Me. 6
- Walks: Wheaton 2 / Southern Me. 2
- Strikeouts: Wheaton 7 / Southern Me. 7