May 01, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 4 - UMass-Dartmouth 5
RECORDS: Wheaton (21-15), 13-4 NEWMAC) - UMass-Dartmouth (21-12, 8-6 LEC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Sidell Stadium)
- Wheaton was led by Quinn Krais who went 2-for-3 at bat with one RBI, while Bryant Salkind followed up with a 2-for-5 performance, scoring one run while picking up one RBI.
- Ryan McKeon went 2-for-4 at bat, picking up one RBI and one run while Jared Sharkey had a similar performance with one run and one RBI.
- Wheaton started off the game with Salkind's RBI single up the middle to bring Matt Cook home.
- UMass-Dartmouth responded in the top of the third off by scoring an unearned run, setting the game at 1-1.
- In the bottom of the third, the Lyons continued the scoring with Sharkey doubling up the middle to bring Salkind home. McKeon singled and advanced to second on an error, allowing Sharkey to score. Krais' concluded the scoring with a double down the right-field line, pushing McKeon around the bases.
- UMass-Dartmouth was able to score two runs in the fifth inning and two more in the seventh, pushing them ahead 5-4.
- Despite the Lyons final efforts in the bottom of the ninth, they were unable to climb back, falling 5-4 to the Corsairs.
- Hits: Wheaton 7 / UMD 8
- Errors: Wheaton 3 / UMD 3
- RBIs: Wheaton 4 / UMD 3
- Left on Base: Wheaton 10 / UMD 5
- Walks: Wheaton 6 / UMD 2
- Strikeouts: Wheaton / UMDf 9