May 04, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 3 - Clark 1
RECORDS: Wheaton (22-15), 13-4 NEWMAC) - Clark (25-12, 12-5 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Worcester, Mass. (Granger Field)
- Sophomore Quinn Krais ended the game 3-for-4 for the Lyons, while Nick Raposo went 1-for-2 with two walks.
- First-year Gavin Reily pitched a complete game for Wheaton, giving up just one run on five hits, while striking out eight and walking just two.
- Wheaton got on the board in the third with a two-out single to left that knocked in Raposo. Raposo reached with a single to left of his own.
- A double down the left line from senior Chris Ruocco gave Wheaton the lead, knocking in senior Matt Cook. Cook put himself in scoring position with a two-out triple.
- The Cougars cut the deficit in half with a run in the fifth with a double to left from Chris Radovic that plated Andrew Thibault.
- Wheaton added an insurance run in the top of the seventh to extend the lead to 3-1. Jared Sharkey doubled down the left field line, before moving to third on a Krais groundout. Sharkey came around to score moments later on a sacrifice bunt from Ryan McKeon.
- Hits: Wheaton 12 / Clark 5
- Errors: Wheaton 1 / Clark 1
- RBIs: Wheaton 3 / Clark 1
- Left on Base: Wheaton 10 / Clark 7
- Walks: Wheaton 4 / Clark 2
- Strikeouts: Wheaton 5 / Clark 8