Score: Wheaton 9 - Husson 2
Location: Auburndale Fla./Lake Myrtle Main Stadium
Records: Wheaton 3-1 - Husson 1-4
How It Happened:
- Mikosz retired eight of the first nine batters he faced recording 4 strikeouts in the process.
- The Lyons got on the board in the bottom of the 3rd inning. Stephen Quigley drew a walk, Nick Croteau singled, and Nick Raposo walked it gave the Lyons the bases loaded. Studley ripped a double to deep left-center bringing in all 3 base runners as the Lyons jumped out to a 3-0 lead.
- In the bottom of the 4th inning Zach DeMattio reached first base on an error and George Mulcahey doubled down the left-field line. Quigley hit into a fielder's choice to the first baseman bringing home DeMattio. Brody Ashley then hit a sacrifice fly to score Mulcahey giving the Lyons a 5-0 lead.
- Studley recorded his 4th RBI of the game in the 6th on a single scoring Ashley extending the Lyons lead to 6-0.
- In the bottom of the 7th inning Raposo hit a sacrifice fly scoring Quigley after he singled to get on the base path making it 7-0.
- Husson scored two runs in the top of the 8th inning where the Lyons recorded two errors.
- Bryant Salkind led off the bottom of the 8th with a double and eventually was brought home on a Quinn Krais grounder. DeMattio scored another run on an error by Husson's first baseman. The Lyons earned a 9-2 victory over Husson.
By The Numbers:
- Mikosz pitched a scoreless 6.1 innings allowing only 3 hits while striking out 9 batters.
- Studley went 2-for-5 recording 4 RBIs.
- Croteau went 3-for-3 with 3 walks and 1 run scored.
Wheaton plays their 4th game in the RussMatt Invitational tomorrow, March 9th against Penn St.-Abington at 5:30 p.m.