Score: Wheaton 11 - Cornell College 0
Location: Winter Haven Fla./Chain of Lakes Stadium
Records: Wheaton (5-1) - Cornell College (2-5)
How It Happened:
- The Lyon's defense against set the tone in the bottom of the first inning when Raposo threw out James Kent trying to steal second base.
- The Lyons had a big second inning led by Mulcahey. Jacob Studley and DH Mark D'Augelli both walked while Bryant Salkind singled leaving the bases loaded. Mulcahey cleared the bases on a triple to deep right-center field. Quinn Krais was walked putting a man on first and third for the Lyons. Brody Ashley doubled to left field bringing home 2 runs. After a Nick Croteau single, Raposo hit a sac fly to center scoring Ashley and giving the Lyons a 6-0 lead.
- Reily struck out two in the bottom of the second to keep Cornell scoreless.
- The Lyons added another run in the top of the 4th inning when Raposo hit another sac fly to score Ashley giving the Lyons a 7-0 lead.
- With Reily continuing to deal, Wheaton added 3 more runs in the top of 5th inning. After a Krais walk, Stephen Quigley singled putting a man on first and second. Croteau hit an RBI single into right field bringing home Krais. With men on the corners, Raposo hit a 2 RBI double down the left-field line giving the Lyons a 10-0 lead.
- D'Augelli began the top of the 6th inning with a walk and was later brought home on a Krais sac fly to extend the Lyons lead to 11-0.
- Reily struck out the final 2 batters in the 7th inning giving the Lyons an 11-0 victory over Cornell College.
By The Numbers:
- Raposo led the Lyons with 4 RBIs.
- Reily pitched 7 scoreless innings while striking out 8 batters and allowing only 3 hits.
- Mulcahey added 3 RBIs for the Lyons while scoring 1 run.
- Croteau went 3-for-5 with 1 run scored and an RBI.
Wheaton heads back to Auburndale tomorrow, March 12th for a contest against Washington & Jefferson at 10:00 a.m.