SCORE: Wheaton 0 - Smith 3
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-2, 0-1 NEWMAC) - Smith (2-3, 1-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Northampton, Mass. (Smith Turf Field)
- The Lyons hit the road for their first New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) contest of the season against the Smith Pioneers.
- Lyon goalkeeper Riley Thompson made 17 saves in 70 minutes of action, while sophomore Merril Nadeau came up with her second defensive save of the season and her career.
- With her performance against the Pioneers, Thompson is just 17 saves away from breaking into the Wheaton record book in career saves. The senior captain is already in the record book for career wins, losses and minutes played.
- Senior captain Kelsey Buckley led the Lyons with four shots, all of which were on goal, while senior co-captain Katie Peters finished the contest with three shots, all of which were also on goal.
- Wheaton limited Smith to just one goal in the first half despite facing 21 shots by the Pioneers, before surrendering two late second-half goals.
- Shots: Wheaton 12 - Smith 28
- Penalty Corners: Wheaton 5 - Smith 10
- Saves: Wheaton 18 - Smith 11
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to action on Tuesday, Sept. 19 at 7 p.m. with a non-conference road game against Simmons LIVE STATS