Posted: Oct 03, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 1 - MIT 6
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-5, 0-3 NEWMAC) - MIT (9-2, 3-1 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Diane C. Nordin '80 Field)
- Taylor Grey found the back of the net thanks to an Emily Penn assist in the 13th minute to put the Engineers on the board, 1-0.
- Penn notched her twelfth goal of the season eight minutes later to double the lead to two.
- Megan Flynn scored for MIT just three minutes after that, following a slip from Penn on a penalty corner.
- Penn stamped her name on yet another play, lifting the Engineers to 4-0, as she collected a ball from teammate Bailey Tregoning at 23:37.
- Anna Neuman netted an unassisted goal, MIT's final of the half, for a 5-0 edge heading into the break.
- Katie Notarangelo capped the scoring for the Engineers, dumping in a rebound from an Emily Penn shot off the goalie's pads.
- Katie Peters worked to get the Lyons' offense rolling well into the final minutes, scoring off of a rebound from her own initial shot in the 67th minute and closing the gap to 6-1.
- Riley Thompson appeared for the opening 26:30, stopping five MIT attempts. Morgan Karnes came in to relieve Thompson in the 44th minute and turned away eight.
- Shots: Wheaton 12 - MIT 23
- Penalty Corners: Wheaton 3 - MIT 16
- Saves: Wheaton 13 - MIT 4