Oct 16, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 2 - Babson 5
RECORDS: Wheaton (5-8, 1-5 NEWMAC) - Babson (13-3, 7-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Diane Nordin '80 Field)
- The 12th ranked Babson College Beavers delivered a 5-2 loss to the Wheaton College field hockey team this evening on Nordin Field. Babson improves to 13-3 and a perfect 7-0 in NEWMAC play, while the Lyons drop to 5-8 and 1-5.
- The Beavers registered two first half goals and three in the second for a 5-0 lead before Wheaton would shorten the gap to three with goals in the 57th and 66th minutes.
- Tori Roche wasted little time to put Babson on the board first, scoring just 2:01 minutes into the game. Quinn Greer converted for another unassisted goal in the 29th minute as she dumped the ball in from a scramble in front of the keeper for a 2-0, halftime lead.
- Millie Brady scored first in the second half for Babson when she chipped in a ball from the left of the circle at 37:34. Catherine Gilman followed shortly behind with a goal at 41:39, as she collected a slip from Lauren Curley on the left side of the circle and inserted it into the far right side of the net.
- Curley added the fifth and final goal of the evening for the Beavers in the 48th, on a slip left penalty corner play.
- Liz Helmreich took two shots on a penalty corner at 56:53 before Natalie Greene scored her first collegiate goal at 57:00 to put the Lyons on the board. Hannah LeClair shortened the gap to three goals as she scored another goal off of a goalie rebound, this time at 65:37.
- Morgan Karnes drops to 3-3 on the season so far, as she collected four saves and allowed five goals in 47:17 minutes of work. Greta Reilly came in for the remaining 22:43 and made two saves.
- Cassidy Riley improves to 13-3 overall and adds 5 saves to her season tally.
- Shots: Wheaton 8 - Babson 20
- Penalty Corners: Wheaton 3 - Babson 12
- Saves: Wheaton 7 - Babson 5