SCORE: Wheaton 2 - Clark 5
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-7, 0-2 NEWMAC) - Clark (1-3, 1-0 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Worcester, Mass.
- The Wheaton College field hockey team returned to New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action Saturday afternoon, falling at Clark 5-2.
- Wheaton scored first, with Hannah LeClair putting the Lyons ahead in the fifth minute.
- Clark countered in the 18th minute, but Wheaton quickly responded with a Nathalie Paquette goal that handed the Lyons the lead once again.
- The Cougars responded minutes later with the equalizer, before taking the lead in the 30th minute.
- Clark added three more goals before the game ended.
- Morgan Karnes collected five saves in 60 minutes of action for Wheaton.
- Shots: Wheaton 8 / Clark 15
- Corners: Wheaton 3 / Clark 6
- Saves: Wheaton 7 / Clark 5
UP NEXT: Wheaton returns to NEWMAC action on Tuesday, Oct. 8 at 4 p.m. on Nordin Field against MIT. VIDEO / LIVE STATS