Posted: Nov 02, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 2 - Wellesley 3
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-13, 0-8 NEWMAC) - Wellesley (10-8, 4-4 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Nordin Field)
- The Wheaton College field hockey team dropped a heartbreaking 3-2 loss to the visiting Wellesley College Blue in the Lyons' season finale this afternoon on Nordin Field.
- Hannah Arkin opened the scoring for both teams, finding the back of the net without an assist at 18:23.
- Wellesley took the next 10:45 minutes before netting back-to-back goals, with Hannah Maisano scoring off of a penalty stroke and Carson Dennis registering an unassisted goal in the 54th minute.
- Ellie Williams scored the equalizing goal with less than four minutes in regulation at 2-2 after dumping the ball in from a scramble, but Wellesley stormed back to respond on the next play as Caitlin Campbell notched the game-winner on a reverse chip just over a minute later.
- Wheaton's offense posessed the ball in the final minutes and produced a pair of close opportunities to score, but were just unable to convert as the clock wound down.
- Shots: Wheaton 7 / Wellesley 19
- Corners: Wheaton 1 / Wellesley 7
- Saves: Wheaton 0 / Wellesley 0