Nov 28, 2017
SCORE: Wheaton 74 - Framingham State 49
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-2) - Framingham State (1-4)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Emerson Gymnasium)
- Senior forward Liam Bruno led the Lyons with a 17-point performance while junior Duaka Ekwensi notched 15 points and 8 rebounds. Bruno and Ekwensi went 7-10 and 6-9 from field goal range, respectively.
- Ryan Fogarty contributed 14 points and 4 boards to go along with his 2 assists and 2 steals on the night.
- Manny Payton led the pack for Framingham State with 17 points and 8 rebounds, finishing 5-8 from downtown and 6-14 from the field. Tyri Hampton hit 15 points for the Rams, including three trifectas.
- Wheaton was able to roll to a commanding, 40-17, halftime lead thanks to 10 points each from Bruno and Fogarty, as well as 9 from Ekwensi.
- The Rams came out much stronger in the second half, but the Lyons still managed to outscore the visitors, 34-32 to come out with the 74-49 win.
- Collectively, Wheaton shot 80.0% from the line and 47.3% from the field.
- Framingham State converted 43.5% of their shots from three point range.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 26-55 / Framingham State 16-47
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 2-14 / Framingham State 10-23
- Free Throw: Wheaton 20-25 / Framingham State 7-8
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 22 / Framingham State 6
- Rebounds: Wheaton 34 / Framingham State 30
- Assists: Wheaton 11 / Framingham State 9