SCORE: Wheaton 94 - Bridgewater State 79
RECORDS: Wheaton (8-3) - Lasell (4-5)
LOCATION: Newton, Mass.
- Junior forward Duaka Ekwensi led all players in scoring with 18 points while going 7-9 from the floor and shooting 3-5 from the line. Ekwensi also grabbed a team-high 12 rebounds, completing his third double-double of the season.
- Senior Liam Bruno scored 10 points on the night with three rebounds and four assists while Ryan Fogarty scored nine and went 3-3 from the line.
- Guard David Carbonello went 4-6, grabbed two rebounds and scored eight points while junior forward Riley Tetreault also grabbed two rebounds and scored seven points on the night
- Lasell came out strong in the first half outscoring the Lyons 37-21.
- The Lasers were led by forward Tim Blair and Dannie Moore. Blair scored a team-high 16 points going 6-16 in the paint and 2-2 from the line while also grabbing 11 rebounds. Moore led all players in rebounds with 13 and went 5-8 from the line finishing the game with 11 points.
- In the second half, Wheaton held Lasell scoreless for over two and half minutes and then went on a nine-point run to outscore the Lasers 44-23.
- The Lyons found help from the bench scoring 13 total points and managed 11 second chance points to come back and beat the Lasell Lasers 65-60.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 23-58 / Lasell 23-67
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 6-21 / Lasell 7-25
- Free Throw: Wheaton 13-19 / Lasell 7-10
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 13 / Lasell 7
- Rebounds: Wheaton 35 / Lasell 47
- Assists: Wheaton 14 / Lasell 9
UP NEXT: Men's basketball returns to the court in the New Year on Jan. 3 for their conference opener at Clark University at 11:00 A.M.