Posted: Jan 20, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 78 - Emerson 79
RECORDS: Wheaton (10-6, 2-4 NEWMAC) - Emerson (9-8, 3-3 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Boston, Mass. (Brown 7 Plofker Gym)
- Senior Liam Bruno led the Lyons in scoring with 21 points and three assists.
- Ryan Fogarty shot 8-12 from the floor while grabbing 8 rebounds, scoring 20. Riley Tetreault grabbed 9 rebounds and went 2-3 from the line contributing 12 points.
- Emerson's Geoffrey Gray and Jack O'Connor led all in scoring with 25 points apiece. Gray shot 6-6 from the line and grabbed nine rebounds while O'Connor shot 6-8 from three and grabbed seven rebounds.
- The Lyons gained an early lead against Emerson and finished up the half 42-37.
- Emerson fought back in the second half, scoring a three-pointer with just under a minute left to put them ahead. They would then hold Wheaton from scoring a turnaround jumper with .4 seconds left, ending the game at 78-79.
- Wheaton scored seven points from the bench while Emerson scored zero.
- Emerson shot 100% from the free throw line going 15-15.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 31-60 / Emerson 27-61
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 8-23 / Emerson 10-21
- Free Throw: Wheaton 8-16 / Emerson 15-15
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 5 / Emerson 7
- Rebounds: Wheaton 31 / Emerson 31
- Assists: Wheaton 21 / Emerson 17