Jan 22, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 75 - Dean 78
RECORDS: Wheaton (10-7, 2-4 NEWMAC) - Dean (9-7)
LOCATION: Franklin, Mass. (John A. Jackson Court)
- Senior Liam Bruno led the Lyons in scoring with 17 points on a 6-for-12 performance from the floor, while hitting 3-of-4 from the free-throw line.
- Ryan Fogarty chipped in 14 points in the effort, while Riley Tetreault netted 11 points, while pulling down a team-high five rebounds.
- Jordan Booker of Dean led all players with 25 points, while teammate Josh Croskey contributed 19 points and a game-high 14 boards in the win.
- Wheaton got on the board first with Bruno draining the first of his three made free-throws just four seconds into the game. Dean managed to tie the game twice in the opening half before Wheaton flew ahead 22-13, before closing out the period with a 41-31 advantage.
- The Lyons continued to push the pace out of the gates in the second half, capturing their largest lead, 54-37, with 16:41 left in the game on a Tetreault three-pointer. Dean remained patient and slowly chipped away at the deficit, before tying the game at 66-66 with 3:23 to go in the contest. Croskey handed Dean the lead moments later. Despite their best efforts the Lyons would be unable to recapture the lead.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 27-62 / Dean 29-62
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 5-18 / Dean 4-10
- Free Throw: Wheaton 16-25 / Dean 16-22
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 12 / Dean 17
- Rebounds: Wheaton 41 / Dean 37
- Assists: Wheaton 17 / Dean 13