Jan 27, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 76 - WPI 79
RECORDS: Wheaton (11-8, 3-5 NEWMAC) - WPI (11-8, 5-3 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Worcester, Mass. (Harrington Auditorium)
- Senior Liam Bruno led all in scoring with 24 points on an 8-for-12 performance from the floor while hitting 5-8 from the three.
- Ryan Fogarty contributed 20 points and grabbed four rebounds, while Alex DuBrow netted 10 points from the bench, contributing a team-high four assists.
- WPI was led by seniors Chris Rodgers and Aaron Todd. Rodgers provided 22 points and four rebounds for the Engineers while Todd contributed 12 points shooting 5-6 from the floor.
- The Lyons opened up the game with Riley Tetreault scoring a jumper for two. The Engineers responded quickly and took the lead, eventually outscoring Wheaton on the half 36-26.
- Wheaton continued to push The Engineers with a late rally in the second half. Fogarty drained a three-pointer with under a minute left, bringing the game to 73-76. WPI came back down the court picking up several free throws and rebounds making the game 73-79. The Lyons finished the game strong with Carbonello draining a three with .4 seconds left, but despite their efforts, it was not enough to put them ahead.
- WPI picked up 17 rebounds in the first half alone, finishing the game with 31 while Wheaton picked up eight in the first and 25 overall.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 27-54 / WPI 26-48
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 11-24 / WPI 8-17
- Free Throw: Wheaton 11-13 / WPI 19-27
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 14 / WPI 25
- Rebounds: Wheaton 25/ WPI 31
- Assists: Wheaton 9 / WPI 16