Posted: Jan 31, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 77 - Emerson 47
RECORDS: Wheaton (12-8, 4-5 NEWMAC) - Emerson (9-11, 3-6 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Emerson Gymnasium)
- Senior Ryan Fogarty led all in scoring with 20 points, shooting 7-12 from the floor and contributing four assists.
- Riley Tetreault chipped in 14 points while Duaka Ekwensi netted seven points, picking up nine rebounds.
- Wheaton also found help from the bench with Alex DuBrow scoring 11 points while Graham Lynch contributed six.
- Emerson was led by Geoffrey Gray and Jacob Ries with eight points apiece. Gray grabbed eight rebounds and shot 3-6 from the floor while Ries grabbed four rebounds and shot 3-5 in the paint.
- Wheaton got on the board first with a layup from Tetreault, then managed to hold Emerson scoreless for six and half minutes while also scoring 19 points within that same timeframe, making the score 10-29. After their initial run, Wheaton was able to put up another 18 points, ending the half 47-22.
- Emerson started the second half strong but was unable to gather enough momentum to catch Wheaton with the game ending at 77-47.
- Wheaton managed to score 36 points in the paint while Emerson scored 14 points.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 28-63 / Emerson 18-44
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 8-30 / Emerson 5-19
- Free Throw: Wheaton 13-18 / Emerson 6-10
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 10 / Emerson 2
- Rebounds: Wheaton 33 / Emerson 30
- Assists: Wheaton 9 / Emerson 11