Feb 03, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 91 - MIT 96
RECORDS: Wheaton (12-9, 4-6 NEWMAC) - MIT (18-3, 8-2 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Boston, Mass.
- Senior Ryan Fogarty led all in scoring with a career-high 34 points, shooting 10-17 from the floor, 7-12 from the three, and 7-8 from the line. This is Fogarty's 10th game scoring over 20 points in this season alone.
- Duaka Ekwensi added 18 points shooting 6-9 in the paint and 5-5 from the free throw line. Liam Bruno contributed 16 points, grabbing three rebounds.
- MIT was led by AJ Jurko with 29 points, dishing off 11 assists and grabbing 8 boards while Tim Roberts finished with 11 points and 14 rebounds.
- Both teams came to play in the first half with the score breaking even at 18-18 at 12:25. The Engineers found their offense near the end of the first and scored a long jumper at the buzzer to push them ahead 42-32.
- In the second half, MIT led early before the Lyons rallied and tied the game at 66-66 with 6:29 left. MIT went up by three at 78-75 with under a minute left, but Bruno answered with a three from the corner to tie the game.
- Going into overtime, the two teams traded the lead back and forth until MIT was able to convert a three-point play with 44.7 left, sealing the game at 96-91.
- Wheaton shot 75% from the line while MIT shot 78.6%.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 30-55 / MIT 35-69
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 13-29 / MIT 15-36
- Free Throw: Wheaton 18-24 / MIT 11-14
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 15 / MIT 16
- Rebounds: Wheaton 29 / MIT 34
- Assists: Wheaton 16 / MIT 21