Feb 14, 2018
SCORE: Wheaton 91 - Coast Guard 73
RECORDS: Wheaton (15-9) (7-6) - Coast Guard (10-12) (2-11)
LOCATION: New London, Conn.
- Senior Liam Bruno led all in points with a career-high 30 points. Bruno shot 10-19 from the floor while going 5-6 from the line and drained five three-pointers, he also picked up six rebounds.
- David Carbonello scored 13 points while senior Ryan Fogarty had 10 points, nine boards, and four assists.
- Coast Guard was led by Noah Baldez who scored 15 points while shooting 6-11 from inside the arc while Justin Kane provided 14 points, going 2-2 from both behind the arc and from the line.
- Both teams started off the game trading points back in fourth with it breaking even at 26-26 with 6:15 left. Wheaton went on an 18-2 run to take the lead as the half ended 44-28.
- Coast Guard started the second half off strong but was unable to contain the Lyons offense as they ended the game at 91-73.
- The Lyons had 11 point contributors on the night while Coast Guard had eight.
- Wheaton's largest lead was by 31 in the second half at 11:06.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 31-62 / Coast Guard 28-67
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 11-27 / Coast Guard 8-26
- Free Throw: Wheaton 18-22 / Coast Guard 9-14
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 23 / Coast Guard 17
- Rebounds: Wheaton 41 / Coast Guard 32
- Assists: Wheaton 16 / Coast Guard 10