SCORE: Wheaton 75 - Clark University 70
RECORDS: Wheaton (16-9, 8-6 NEWMAC) - Clark University (4-21, 1-13 NEWMAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Emerson Gymnasium)
- Senior Liam Bruno led all in scoring with 25 points and four assists while going 12-19 from the floor and grabbing a team-high eight boards. This is Bruno's third consecutive game over 20 points and his ninth game this 2017-2018 season.
- The Lyons found help from Ryan Fogarty and David Carbonello. Fogarty scored 13 points and grabbed four rebounds, while Carbonello dished off a team-high seven assists and shot 4-6 in the paint, picking up six rebounds.
- Sophomore Graham Lynch also contributed to the Lyons offense by scoring six points, shooting 2-3 from behind the arc.
- The Cougars were led by Biko Gayman and Luca McCormick. Gayman led his team in scoring with 19 points and five assists while McCormick scored 15 points, grabbing a team-high eight rebounds.
- Wheaton started off strong and gained the lead just two and half minutes into the first half. They held onto their lead for the remainder of the half, pushing ahead at 40-28.
- Clark fought back in the second half, eventually gaining the lead over the Lyons at 10:18 at 54-53, but it wouldn't be enough to get the win as the Lyons rallied in the last minute to slide ahead 75-70.
- Wheaton scored 11 points off of fastbreaks compared to Clark's seven.
- The Lyons close the regular season off with four straight wins and have solidified themselves as the No. 5 seed in the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference Tournament.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 30-56 / Clark 28-63
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 10-26 / Clark 4-21
- Free Throw: Wheaton 5-11 / Clark 10-18
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 10 / Clark 22
- Rebounds: Wheaton 35/ Clark 35
- Assists: Wheaton 19 / Clark 8
UP NEXT: Men's basketball concludes their regular season play and will return to the road where they will face No.4 WPI in the first round of the NEWMAC Tournament on Wednesday, Feb. 21st at 7:30 p.m.