SCORE: Wheaton 68- Lasell 52
RECORDS: Wheaton (9-1, 0-0 NEWMAC) - Lasell (2-8, 0-0 GNAC)
LOCATION: Norton, Mass. (Emerson Gymnasium)
- Paced by 19 points from senior Riley Tetreault, the Wheaton College men's basketball team collected its seventh straight win Thursday evening with a 68-52 defeat of Lasell College in Emerson Gymnasium. The seventh straight win is the fourth longest winning streak in program history, marking the first time the team has won seven-plus games since 2005.
- Tetrault finished six-of-18 from the floor, which included hitting three-of-nine from three-point range. The senior forward also finished a perfect four-for-four from the free-throw line, while coming up with six rebounds, two assists, and a steal.
- David Carbonello contributed 16 points in the win after making seven-of-11 from the floor, while Duaka Ekwensi chipped in 15 points and a game-high nine boards in the win.
- Stefan Masciarelli came to life for Lasell in the second half, scoring 17 of his game-high 21 points in the second frame. Dylan Murray and Joe O'Brien chipped in nine points, while Vic Collazo ended the night with eight points and a team-high five rebounds.
- Wheaton, who trailed just once, held a strong advantage in rebounding, pulling down 43 boards compared to Lasell's 29, knocking down 11-second-chance points. The Lyons were also dominant in the paint, outscoring the Lasers 32-10.
- Tommy Beauchemin put the Lasers ahead 3-0 in the opening minute of action, but Wheaton responded with back-to-back free-throws from junior Robby Lowey and a Tetreault jumper. After a Murray jumper pulled Lasell even at 9-9, Wheaton exploded, going on a 20-4 run that was capped off by a Carbonello layup. Wheaton continued to push the pace, taking a 19 point, 45-26, lead into halftime.
- Never trailing in the second half, Wheaton pushed its lead to 20 (55-35) on a Niles Cohen jumper with 11:20 remaining. Lasell closed the deficit to 68-52 in the final two minutes on an O'Brien three-pointer, but that would be as close as they would get with neither team scoring the rest of the way.
- Field Goals: Wheaton 25-58 / Lasell 20-57
- 3-Point FG: Wheaton 6-21 / Lasell 5-18
- Free Throw: Wheaton 12-14 / Lasell 7-7
- Points off Turnovers: Wheaton 32 / Lasell 10
- Rebounds: Wheaton 43 / Lasell 29
- Assists: Wheaton 13 / Lasell 7
UP NEXT: Wheaton isn't set to return to the court until Wednesday, Jan. 2 with a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) opener against Clark University at 7 p.m. in Emerson Gymnasium. VIDEO / LIVE STATS