Posted: Nov 23, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 86 - Wentworth 75
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-1) - Wentworth (2-4)
LOCATION: Franklin, Mass. (Pieri Gymnasium)
- The Wheaton College men's basketball team tallied its second win of the season moving to 2-1 on the year.
- After back and forth action for the first ten minutes, Wheaton scored six straight points to take a 26-16 lead with 7:13 remaining in the first half.
- After a late surge in the first half by the Bulldogs the game was tied at 35 headed into halftime.
- Wheaton used an early 9-0 run in the second half to take a 44-35 lead capped by a three from First-Year Aaron Williams
- The Lyons extended their lead to 16 with 11:25 remaing in the game
- The Bulldogs battled back cutting the Lyon's lead to 2 points with 6:41 remaing but after Evan Cook hit his second three during this short span giving the Lyons a 72-65 lead with 4:55 remaining
- Solid free throw shooting down the stretch kept the Bulldogs out of reach as the Lyons posted a 86-75 Victory
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Senior Alex DuBrow had a team high 18 points
- Wheaton shot 50% from the field going 27 for 54
- Williams finished with 17 points while adding 5 rebounds
- The Lyons wnet 27-38 from the free throw line
- Wheaton had a 24-15 advantage in bench points.
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to action on Tuesday, Nov. 26 againt Roger Williams on the road at 4 p.m.