SCORE: Wheaton 83 - Roger Williams 95
RECORDS: Wheaton (2-2) - Roger Williams (5-1)
LOCATION: Bristol, R.I. (Recreation Center Gymnasium)
- The Wheaton College men's basketball team fell to 2-2 on the year after a back and forth game with Roger Williams.
- Alex Carlisle had a hot start scoring the teams first 6 points as he helped Wheaton jump out to an 8-2 lead.
- Roger Williams battled back and took a 21-15 lead after an AJ Morales tip in midaway through the first half.
- After a 30 second timeout the Lyons came storming back going on a 17-1 run behind 8 points from Mike Perry to take a 32-22 lead with 4:41 remaining in the half.
- After trading buckets Wheaton took a 45-37 lead going into halftime as First-Year Aaron Williams hit a three as time expired
- Roger Williams grinded themselves back into game taking their first lead of the second half 65-64 with 9:58 remaining
- A 55-38 2nd half advantage by Roger Williams led them to a 95-83 victory over the Lyons
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Carlisle ended with a career high of 26 points on 12-of-23 shooting
- Wheaton went 30-for-67 from the floor shooting a repsectable 44.8%
- Senior Alex DuBrow put up a solid statline of 11 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 assists
- Williams was a spark off the bench scoring 21 points while going 5-11 from the floor and 10-13 from the line
- Rich Pugliese paced Roger Williams with 19 points
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to action following Thanksgiving on Tuesday, Dec. 3 againt at 7 p.m. at home against Emmanuel (Mass.)