Posted: Dec 05, 2019
SCORE: Wheaton 82 - Lasell 77
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-3) - Lasell (0-8)
LOCATION: Auburndale, Mass. (Athletic Center)
- The Wheaton College men's basketball team moved to 3-3 on the season after an 82-77 victory over Lasell.
- Facing a 7-2 deficit early, First-Year Aaron Williams hit a three to cut the Lasers lead to 2 with 16:13 remaining in the first half.
- After two staight buckets from Williams the game was tied at 28 with just under 4:00 minutes remaining in the first.
- Wheaton took it's first lead of the game 34-32 after 3 straight lay-ups from Alex DuBrow with 2:19 remaining before the half.
- The Lasers took a 39-38 lead going into halftime.
- After a strong first few minutes, Wheaton jumped out to a 47-41 lead behind a 9-2 run led by First-Year Alex Carlisle.
- Wheaton took it's largest lead 66-53 with 8:09 remaining, after a bucket from Senior Robby Lowey.
- Lasell took back the lead with 3:02 remaining after an old-fashion 3 point play by the Laser's Kevin Vanderhorst.
- A three from DuBrow cut Lasell's lead to 1 with 1:28 remaining making the score 77-76 in favor of the Lasers.
- Stellar defense and perfect free throw shooting down the stretch from Williams, Carlisle, and DuBrow propelled the Lyons to an 82-77 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- DuBrow stuffed the boxscores with a statline of 21 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists, while adding 3 steals
- A double-double of 26 and 12 from Vanderhorst paced the Lasers
- The Lyons edged Lasell in points in the paint 44-42
- Williams finished the game with 20 points while grabbing 8 rebounds
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to action on Saturday, Dec. 7 againt Bridgewater St. on the road at 1 p.m.