SCORE: Wheaton 81 - Bridgewater St. 92
RECORDS: Wheaton (3-4) - Bridgewater St. (2-6)
LOCATION: Bridgewater, Mass. (Tinsley Center)
- Four Wheaton starters in double digits was not enough, as the Lyons fell to Bridgewater St. 92-81.
- First-Year Aaron Williams and Senior Robby Lowey combined for the Lyons first 14 points, giving them a 14-12 lead five minutes into the game.
- Some strong 3-point shooting behind Ryan Carney and Rayshon Ward, gave the Bears a 36-25 lead with just under 6:00 minutes remaining in the half.
- Wheaton cut the lead to five with 4:24 remaning in the half after an Evan Cook three.
- Bridgewater State went on a 9-3 run to end the first half resulting in a 45-34 advantage for the Bears going into the half.
- After battling back into the game, Senior Alex DuBrow hit a three with 8:12 remaining to cut the Bears lead to two, 70-68.
- Very strong free throw shooting from Bridgewater St. did not allow the Lyons to come back, resulting in a 92-81 victory for the Bears.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Williams finished the game with 22 points on 8-of-14 shooting from the floor.
- Carney and Ward carried the Bears scoring 30 and 28 points while shooting a combined 8-of-12 from behind the arc.
- Wheaton was out rebounded 32-28 by the Bears.
- DuBrow had another solid performance with 17 points and adding 7 assists.
- Lowey finished with 16 while First-Year Alex Carlisle added 14 points.
UP NEXT: The Lyons return to action for the Staten Island Tournament, tipping off on Friday, Dec. 27 against Bridgewater (Va.) at 5:30 p.m.