SCORE: Wheaton 88 - Bridgewater (Va.) 75
RECORDS: Wheaton (4-4) - Bridgewater (Va.) (4-7)
LOCATION: Staten Island, NY (Sports & Recreation Center)
- In the College of Staten Island's 18th Annual Tournament of Heros opening game the Wheaton Lyons beat Bridgewater (Va.) 88-75.
- First-Year Aaron Williams scored the Lyons first 7 points of the game as the Lyons trailed 8-7 with 16:22 remaining.
- After the game being tied at twelve, Wheaton went on a 7-0 run capped by a lay up from Senior Robby Lowey.
- Wheaton took it's largest lead of the first half 31-21 with 5:41 remaining.
- A lay up from Williams with just under a minute remaining in the first half gave the Lyons a 40-32 lead going into halftime.
- A 14-3 run to start the 2nd half gave the Lyons their largest lead of the game at 19.
- Bridgewater (Va.) cut the lead to single digits after a dunk from Davrion Grier with just under 5 minutes remaining.
- Strong free throw shooting from Seniors Alex DuBrow and Lowey extended the Lyons lead to double digits finishing the game 88-75.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Williams finished with a career high 29 points while shooting 14-of-18 from the floor.
- Wheaton outscored the Eagles 52-28 in the paint.
- Lowey finished with a double double scoring 15 points while adding 13 rebounds.
- DuBrow also had a double double dishing out 10 assists and scoring 13 points.
UP NEXT: The Lyons move to the championship game of the 18th Annual Tournament of Heros tipping off on Saturday, Dec. 28 at 3:00 p.m. against the College of Staten Island